Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Only Daddy There!

With Richard leaving this Summer I thought it would be a great idea for him to be a part of all the kids experiences and "firsts" that he can be. Dani's Kindergarten class when to the Hogle Zoo for their end of the year field trip. She was so excited to have Daddy there, afterall he was the only Daddy that went so that made her feel extra special. She also had so much fun with her "friend" Jake. ( Who she has often been teased of having a little crush on!) They had so much fun! I am grateful for the extra time Richard had been given due to his lay off to spend with the girls. The Lord does not close a door without opening a window and I truly believe that this time he will be spending with us will be cherished!


Jake and Dani loved to see all the animals.

Dani's favorite animal of all time is the Penguin! She has a beeny baby penguin that she won't sleep without, hid name is Pengpeng!


The gorillas are a family favorite!

3 comments:

ASRussell said...

How great that Richard is able to spend some extra time with you and the kids! Especially with him leaving so soon for so long! Blessings in disguise!

Leslie Moseley said...

My Richard has had a lot of unemployment time while James has been a teenager. As I look back on it, all I remember is the great relationship those two have formed going on camps with the boy scouts and JROTC. The time spent with our kids is critical to making memories. However, for financial purposes, I hope your Richard finds work soon.

kimbob said...

Fun to see some pictures from the field trip. Thanks for taking Jake for me under your wings and Chase for that fact while I was gone. I truly appreciate you and what a great friend you are. Please let me know if I can ever do anything!!