Dani and Ashlee really enjoyed sorting the branches that were organized by the alphabet. The trick was that they had to put them on the tree with the alphabet going backwards. It was so fun to see how they put it together. Parker had the most fun going through all the boxes of ornaments and crushing the ones that actually shattered. What a kid! When it came to decorating that is where the fun stopped. I quickly realized how perfect I wanted it to look, so I told them where to put the ornaments. Yeah, I'm a fun mom. The whole time I kept thinking of Michael McLean's, Forgotten Carols, when she puts the ornaments all close together and he has a pretend heart attack and then says, " Connie Louis, not so close together, it is a BIG tree." I love that play. Anyway. The kids were very patient with me as I put together our silver and red tree. Later in the weekend, at Sunday dinner, Dani told everyone our tree was silver for the temple, and red for family. What a kid! This year was suppose to be Daddy lifting Parker up to put the star on top, but a ladder was used this year! All in all the tree looked great and the kids put up with me being so obsessive!
Dani, 7, Ashlee, 4, Parker 2
2 comments:
They are so cute Biff.
What a neat memory for you and the kids love the picture with the girls and Parker on the ladder. Dad and I are so proud of each and every member of our family, We love you guys so much!
Post a Comment